We all desire to live our best life but the road to get there is not an easy one. Life will always have its ups and downs but there are a few things that will surely make a difference in our lives. Here are 25 suggestions:
- Surround yourself with those you aspire to be like and people who you can learn from.
- Take note of those who are present during the tough times and keep those people around.
- Your partner is a reflection of you. Find someone who brings out the best in you.
- Cut off any negative people.
At the end of the day, your job and money won't be there during tough times. Relationships are very valuable, cherish the people in your life.
- Write down 3 things you're grateful for everyday. (keep a gratitude journal or jar)
- Listen to or read motivational content. This can be in the form of podcasts, youtube or instagram videos, books and articles.
- Find a positive in every bad situation.
- Let go of the past and embrace the present.
- Recite at least one positive affirmation everyday.
The mind is a powerful tool, be careful what you feed it.
Health & Wellness
- Get 6 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Get yearly checkups!
- Drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water everyday.
- Exercise at least once a week (for you lazy folks!)
- Take your vitamins and eat your vegatables.
- If it won't matter in 5 seconds, 5 minutes or 5 years, don't stress about it! Stress is a killer.
Your health= your wealth.
- Happiness is a choice so choose it, no one is responsible for your happiness but you.
- Make choices and never look back. It's never a mistake if you learned from it, no one is perfect.
- Forgive quickly, life is too short to hold grudges.
- Love like there is no tomorrow.
- Travel- Experience different cultures and see as much of this beautiful world as you can.
- Live a purposeful life. We are here for a purpose greater than ourselves so give back and show people that good people still exist.
- If you've done all you can and have no control over the outcome, let go and let God! There is power in persistent prayer.
- Spend time with people outside of your race, age, religion, class etc. This is how you learn!
- Be open minded, don't knock it until you try it.
- Whatever you love to do, do it often.
Our time on this earth is short so live boldly, live with intention.
- Take note of your strengths and focus on them. Make best use of your skills and gifts.
- Write down your goals and do something everyday towards them.
- Invest in yourself.
- Take risks.
- Surround yourself with people who are where you want to be and if that's not possible, study them. This can be in the form of interviews, podcasts or conducting research on them.
Success will not just magically appear, you have to work for it every single day.
What are your suggestions for a better life?